Women love the luxury and allure of long flowing locks, and yet many do not have the length, volume, or even the patience to grow their hair out. Hair extensions can make this dream become reality. Why shouldn't you have the dazzling length and volume you've always wanted.
Karma Salon and Spa offers hair extensions to fit almost any budget. We offer several different types of extensions; heat infused, tape in, pop-in, human hair, and synthetic hair. We can order any shade and all lengths to fit your needs! You can add volume, go from short to long, accentuate with highlights or lowlights, or dazzle with unique effects for your next special occasion or wedding! If you just need a quick pop in type extension Karma carries pop-in extensions that a licensed stylist can match to your individual hair color!
Hair Extension Example
Hair Extensions of 100% Human Hair
Karma Salon uses the finest source of virgin hair available in the marketplace that is most compatible with Caucasian and European hair textures. No toxic chemicals are used in the de-pigmentation and pigmentation process. The result is colorfast hair that has not been subjected to damaging ammonia and/or bleach chemicals to remove the hairs original color.
Because of this ground breaking technology, many if not all extension companies now claim a "keratin bond" as their form of attachment. This mimics the molecular structure of human hair and gives the bond the ability to expand and contract with human hair. When you wash your hair or get it wet, the hair shaft expands. When it dries it contracts. Bonds that do not possess such function will soon begin to shed the extensions and ultimately slide off the client's natural hair completely because the bond is being stretched with no capacity to contract each time the client's natural hair expands and contracts.
Extension Hair Care
- Do not shampoo for two days after your hair extension application.
- We recommend a follow-up visit two weeks after your extension application so your extensionist can inspect the application to ensure that your extensions are performing as expected.
- Always shampoo your hair with your head back, not tilted forward. Never dry with a scrubbing action, instead wrap with a towel to absorb the excess moisture. When allowing your hair to "air dry" it is recommended that the attachment sites be dried with a blow dryer to prevent the bonds from remaining wet for an extended time.
- Always use our recommended anti-tap formula after every wet treatment. Mix one line (as indicated on the bottle) to 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. This aormula is designed to neutralize irregularities in your water source and/or to protect the keratin bond polymers from chlorine, saltwater, and other solutions not compatible with a proper hair pH.
- To prevent premature bond breakdown always saturate your hair with water and apply anti-tap formula prior to swimming, exercising, using a sauna, or any activity that creates moisture in your hair for an extended period of time. Immediately after such activities, shampoo thoroughly, condition, apply the anti-tap formula and blow dry the attachment sites.
- Brush your hair extensions three times a day with the recommended brush. Beginning at the nape, brush row by row, scalp to ends. Always pull hair extensions into a softly held ponytail while sleeping or any activity that has your hair blowing in the wind. These important brushing and care steps will prevent tangling at the attachment sites.
- Styling options are virtually limitless. Blow drying and use of curling irons, flat irons and hot rollers may be used but heat must be kept at an adequate distance of 1.5" from the attachment site.
- Some extension loss is normal throughout the life of your extensions. The average person loses 100 to 150 hairs each day. A full-head extension application covers approximately one third of the head. After some time you can expect to see a small quantity of your hair that has shed naturally yet is still attached to the bond. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair that has been pulled out of the scalp by the extensions. Daily brushing will prevent these "loose" hairs from tangling or matting at the attachment site.
100% human hair extensions can last between 4-6 months. Add highlights or lowlights texture or wave or even a full head of hair.
Q: How do I style hair extensions?
A: Hair extensions easily style well with curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, steam rollers or wet set.
Q: Can my hair care professional color hair extensions?
A: Yes. We suggest coloring a client's hair to match the extensions. You can only color hair extensions two levels darker. You can use semi, demi or permanent hair color.
Q: I need light blonde hair, what's the most popular?
A: There are a total of 68 colors to choose from. To insure that you get the correct color since we have many blonde shades, red, copper, or auburn shades, and shades from black to brown.
Q: How can my hair care professional remove the extensions?
A: Using a hair bond remover and the proper tool is the only method effective enough to remove extensions and not damage the hair. Any other products/tools or methods can damage the hair and are not approved.
Q: How many textures can I use on my hair?
A: Multiple textures may add additional styling options.
Q: I have very fine hair.
A: We do not recommend using fine texture hair exclusively, but use a 50/50 ratio of medium and fine textured hair for best results.
Q: My hair is shedding.
A: Some shedding is natural. Additional shedding may occur with an improper preparation or application technique. Shedding may occur with the use of improper maintenance products. Only care products recommended by your Karma Hair care professional should be used with hair extensions.
Q: Can my hair care professional permanent wave my hair extensions?
A: Yes, but only select colors recommended by your Karma professional.